Yesterday marked 5 months until the BIG day!!
I honestly can't believe how fast the past 7 months have gone by. It seems like just last week we were in New York celebrating our engagement!
Anyway, we've made alot of progress towards getting everything together and ready for us to arrive in Mexico.
Here's what on my agenda for the next month or so:
1. Invitations - We ordered and got our invitations in, now I just need to finish addressing, stuffing and stamping them. We plan on sending them out mid September. I also found a really cool way to address the envelopes that's super easy but looks amazing... I'll be sharing when I share the invitations, probably in October.
2. Finish shopping for Bridesmaids Gifts - I've got one thing (which I will share after the wedding). I've got 2 other things in mind. I also am buying their jewelery as part of their gift so I need to pick that out as well. We decided on hot pink shoes (yes you read that right!) so I'm trying to find hot pink earrings and a bracelet that match.
3. John's suit - John says he wants to wait until November to do this, but my control freak self will not allow that! ha. He is going to wear a tan suit so we need to start looking this summer while they have them. I'm afraid getting one in the fall might be hard.
4. Make a shower guest list and help our moms with it - Our couples shower is going to be September 22nd. Wanna know why? Because John said it had to be on Tech's off weekend because it's during football season on a Saturday. I'm glad to see where the priorities are babe ;) ha. It's going to be at John's parents house, Mexican Fiesta theme (complete with margaritas!). The Bridesmaids are hosting it but since the bridesmaids are our younger sisters are moms are pretty much planning it. Since my mom doesn't live here, I'm helping with it as well.
5. Make an appointment with the priest performing our at home ceremony - Because we are doing a very low key private ceremony at our church, we can pretty much wing it, but I'd still like to set up a meeting to met with him before the day. We aren't doing readings or music or anything special so it's more to just sit and talk and get to know him before December 8th.
6. Conform the Wedding party is actually going to Mexico - This mainly is referring to the groomsmen. John has asked 4 of his good friends to be groomsmen but none of them have booked their trip yet. We completely understand if they can't come, we just need to know so we can start making appropriate arrangements and plans. I need to buy their ties (which are also going to be something hard to find after the summer season).
There are a bunch of other little things that need to be done, but nothing that must be done within the next month or so. I am so glad we chose a destination wedding, otherwise this list would be 10 times longer.
We are so ready for December 17th!