Remember how we got our Kitchenaid Stand Mixer at our shower? Well, I was dying to use it on something other than baking so I searched Pinterest for a recipe!
I found these Cheese Stuffed Shells so John and I bought all the ingredients at our trip to the grocery store and last week I made this delicious dinner!
- 1/2 cup fat-free egg substitute or 2 eggs
- 1 container (15 ounces) non-fat ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley leaves
- 2 teaspoons no-salt herb and garlic seasoning mix
- 24 jumbo pasta shells, cooked and drained
- 2 cups prepared marinara sauce
1. Place egg substitute, ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, parsley and seasoning mix in KitchenAid® Stand Mixer bowl. Attach bowl and flat beater to mixer. Turn to Speed 2 and mix about 30 seconds, or until combined.
2. Fill each shell with 2 to 3 tablespoons cheese mixture. Place filled shells in 9- x 13-inch baking pan. Pour marinara sauce over shells.
3. Cover pan with foil. Bake at 350°F for 30 to 35 minutes, or until bubbly.
This was REALLY good! And it was pretty easy! The hardest part was stuffing the shells, but it didn't take too long. Now if I could find a healthier version of this so we could have it more often :)