Wednesday, January 2, 2013
Goals for the New Year
Oh yes, a standard New Years Resolution Post! I've never been one for New Years Resolutions or keeping them but I thought I would just put my list of goals for 2013 out there on the blog. Maybe it'll help keep me accountable... heh, yeah, we'll see ;)
1. What is everyones NY resolution? Yup, get healthy! Not just lose weight, but be healthier. We have a treadmill so I need to use it. I need to drink more water, take vitamins, eat healthier... I need to take care of myself.
2. Get organized. In every aspect of my life. Our house needs an overhaul especially with the overabundance of wedding presents we have stacked up. We need to clean out closets, take loads of stuff to goodwill, trash stuff we don't need. I need to organize my computer and back up all of our pictures and documents. (I have found some great links on pinterest to help me with this!)
3. Spend more time away from social media and TV with my husband. (I almost wrote fiancé here, still so weird to say husband!) We both are bad about plopping down on the couch when we get home and opening our computers so we both need to work on this. I really want to start eating dinner together at the kitchen table (where you can't see the TV). And this also goes back to the organization... right now the kitchen table is covered so you can't eat at it :(
4. Spend more time focusing on my blog. I love that I have people all over reading this little piece of internet I have and I love that I get so many sweet comments and questions every day. I was bad last year about responding to all those comments. And I'm sorry! I think this year with no wedding to plan I will have a lot more time to focus on growing this blog of mine and thanking each of you for your nice comments!
5. Be more focused at work. I'm going to admit this past year I was very distracted at work. If I got a wedding related email, I'd stop what I was doing and respond. I would let little things get to me. I'd let people frustrate me. I have a very important job in the school district and I need to work my booty off to keep it alive. With all the $$ cuts, I'm lucky I have a job and I have no idea how much longer I'll be able to say that. But while I'm here and in that position, I am going to do everything I can to show the big bosses my position needs to stay.
And that's all the big ones, of course there are little ones here and there like reading, crafting, redecorating, trying more recipes, etc. but those 5 are the ones I really need to focus on!
Now keep me accountable, y'all!
What were your goals for 2013?