I've had a lot on my plate recently and just haven't felt like blogging. Well, I have a lot to talk about, and I feel like blogging, but just don't want to sit at my computer and type it out. It's weird.
So, I had some time today and wanted to do a quick up date of my life lately.
1. I got a new job! I'll go in to details more soon, but I am really excited about it and the new opportunity with a large hospital here in Houston's Med Center. My first day is May 6th!
2. I put in my 2 weeks notice at my current job. I decided to take a week off so my last day there is next Friday, the 29th. How my boss and everyone acted about it really made me realize that I am making the right decision.
3. I had a EGD and flexible sigmoidoscopy done on Thursday. I've had really bad stomach aches and heartburn the last few months so I finally went to a gastroenterologist and he ordered these tests. They gave me all my results when I was still kind of out of it, but John said he remembered something about a hiatal hernia. I have to call them Wednesday for all my biopsy results.
4. I've felt like crap ever since I had the procedure done. Being a nurse makes you so paranoid about every little thing that could go wrong so I've been freaking out the past few days.
5. John left today for a business trip to the UK and he'll be gone 8 days. :( I think this is the longest we've ever been away from each other except for the 2 weeks he left to go to the UK when we first started dating. It's one thing to be away from each other for 8 days, but when he's in a different country and we can't talk very much because of the time difference, it sucks even more :( Luckily the kitties know exactly what I need!!
6. I just dropped John off at the airport 3 hours ago and I'm already lonely. I have some plans this week... shopping today, hanging out with Emily tomorrow, mani/pedi date on Wednesday and a few dinners here and there, but it's still weird going to bed without your husband. The girls miss their dad already too. Lucy has been sitting at the door crying ever since I got home.
7. John got a promotion this week at work and had to move to a new office. He's stressed because it's different and going to be a lot of work for him, but I know he will do great at it. He's with the same large oil and gas company and just keeps moving up. I am so proud of him and everything he does to provide for our family.
8. I'm still missing our wedding week like crazy. I can't believe it's already been 4 months since we were on the beach in Mexico with all of our family and friends. Does this wedding depression ever go away?? haha
I promise I'll be back soon with some regularly scheduled blogging and more info about my new job!