But before we book, I wanted to bring it here so I could get some advice...
Have any of you been to Napa??
The only thing I know for sure, is we will absolutely be doing a hot air balloon ride!
But other than the hot air balloon ride, we really have no clue where to start.
We are going to fly in to San Francisco Friday night, drive to Napa and stay until Monday.
The main questions I have are....
- What city should we stay in? Downtown Napa, Yountville, Mt. Helena...? I know most of the wineries are not in downtown so should we stay there?
- What is the best and safest way to see/tour the wineries? I'm worried about being out all day drinking and then driving our rental car back to our hotel. I know we can't be the only people concerned about that so there's gotta be tours or drivers or something! So what do we do?
- Once we figure out the city, which hotel do you recommend?
- Which wineries should we visit?
- Any restaurants we HAVE to go to?
- Has anyone been at Christmas? Anything special going on? We will be going December 13-16 so I'd love to be somewhere that's decked out for the holidays!
Any help or info y'all have would help us out so much!
I am so so excited about this trip! We have been going back and forth about where to go because of December weather! I'm glad we finally agreed and came up with something where we will have great weather, where we can relax and yet still have alot to do! :)
Thanks in advance!