- I left off with the pregnancy at only 14 weeks pregnant. Wow, time flies. I'm currently 36 weeks (today!) and we're just waiting for our little bundle of joy to make HIS appearance. I've overall had a very smooth and easy pregnancy and am so thankful for that. Just recently is when I've started to be extra tired and really feel uncomfortable but I know I have to cherish these last few weeks of me being able to feel him moving around inside of me.
- Yup, we found out we're having a BOY! We had a small gender reveal party with our family and close friends back in November when I was 20 weeks pregnant. I plan to share all of the pictures soon!
- Baby Boy has a name... Reece William Ryan! There really is no story behind his first name other than it was one of the only few names we could agree on. I've always loved Reece as a boy name and John after alot of thought finally warmed up to it. We knew what his name would be even before we knew it was a boy or girl. His middle name is his daddy's middle name and also John's grandfather's first name who passed away last year.
- We closed on our new house December 30th and moved in New Years Eve. It's still a major work in process. Moving and being pregnant just isn't fun or very productive. I was actually sick with a sinus/ear infection the week we moved so that put me down even more than I already was. Luckily my mom and step dad came in town and helped us get moved and settled in. We pretty much only have 1 room left that is kind of a place where all the extra boxes and stuff is sitting for now. Decorating is happening little by little and hopefully once I am home for maternity leave I'll have a little more time to get stuff done... (I know that is a long shot, but we'll see!)
- I'm still working at my job I've had for almost 2 years now. And yes, I plan on going back to work after Reece is here. As much as I have always said I'd love to be a stay at home mom, this job really is perfect for me and a very hard one to find. If I left, I know I'd regret it. And financially, it's not feasible for me to not work right now. We already have a "school" lined up for little Reece and even know I know it will be hard to leave him, I know his social skills and the education he will get will be priceless. I plan on taking 8 weeks off and then 4 weeks after that I am working from home just a few hours a week so I'll be "off" for 12 weeks total. And even though I do love my job, I am really looking forward to that time off!
- The kitties are still here and doing good! They have been extra cuddly lately and sleeping with us... it seems like they know something is about to change. They love hanging out in their brothers room and we know if we can't find one of them, we need to look in there. We are going to do our best to make this an easy transition for them and really make them still feel loved but I know that things will change. I'm excited to see them with their brother though!
And that's been pretty much our life the last 5 months. Moving, new house, pregnancy and baby... I really want to document all the fun stuff that's happened lately for our sake (and I know you are wondering too because I've gotten multiple emails wondering where I've been!) so hopefully we can get all caught up soon.